NOTE: THIS IS A BETA VERSION OF THE EXCEL ADD-IN (MAC VERSION) DOCUMENTATION. PLEASE CHECK THIS ARTICLE PERIODICALLY FOR THE LATEST UPDATE.
The Excel Add-In is a tool developed to use existing schemas and tables on the Incorta Server to create visualizations using the Excel popular features. This article explains how to install the Excel add-in for Mac.
- Install Tomcat with the "HTTPS" option enabled.
*You can choose to either have your own Tomcat installation, or use the Tomcat that gets installed automatically with Incorta Analytics (found in the "<INCORTA_INSTALLATION_PATH>/server" directory").
*Make note of the Tomcat port number, and make it accessible for those who will use the Excel add-in.
- Download the two files attached to this article; "addin.war", and "IncortaExcelWenAddin.xml".
- Each user, who wants to use the Excel addin, will need:
- the "IncortaExcelWebAddIn.xml" manifest file, and
- have access to the Tomcat host server and port.
This section is divided into two sections:
- Server installation, where the Tomcat server be installed as a stand-alone, or part of the Incorta Analytics installation.
- Client installation, where the Excel Add-In users need to make some configuration changes in the "IncortaExcelWebAddIn.xml" manifest file, to update the IP address and port number of Tomcat.
Use the following steps to install the Excel Add-In on the Tomcat Server:
- Place the "addin.war" file in the "<TOMCAT_INSTALLATION_PATH>/webapps" directory.
- Navigate to "https://<TOMCAT_IP_ADDRESS>:<PORT_NUMBER>/addin/Home.html#!/login". The Excel Add-In home page appears.
Use the following steps to install the Excel Add-In on any machine:
- Place the "IncortaExcelWebAddIn.xml" manifest file in the "~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Excel/Data/Documents/wef" directory. You may need to create the "wef" folder, if it does not exist.
- Modify the "IncortaExcelWebAddIn.xml" file to update the IP address and port number for the Tomcat Server.
For example, consider the following code sample from the "IncortaExcelWebAddIn.xml" file, containing Tomcat IP address and port number:
<IconUrl DefaultValue="https://localhost:9443/addin/Images/Button32xChange "localhost" to the Tomcat Server IP address, and replace "9443" with the Tomcat port number.
- Repeat the previous step for every occurrence of the IP address and port number.
- Save the file.
Using the Excel Add-In
- Open Excel.
- Navigate to the "Insert" tab.
- Click on "My Addins".
- Select "ExcelWebAddin". A new panel will open on the right-hand side.
- Provide the connection parameters, e.g. username and password.
- Click Connect.